Monday, August 26, 2013

Lessons learned from a bobby pin...

Lately, it feels as if my life is falling together and falling apart all at the same time... It is both frustrating and wonderful all at once. I feel as if my life is changing, and it is scary. When you have made a place for yourself in your own little world, when that world changes, your place isn't there anymore.

Where does an oddly shaped girl fit in a messy world? Where does a girl with high standards and different thoughts fit? Where does a tender heart and a loving soul fit in a harsh and cruel world?

Ever felt like you don't fit? You are a circle and you simply cannot fit into their pretty little boxes.

As I was contemplating this thought last night in the shower, I could not help but think about how different I am... And how sometimes that makes me unhappy. I am different, which means I don't get all the guys, when I do get them I don't let them have what they want and then they leave anyways. Yet all these other girls can be all happy and in a relationship... It is really depressing sometimes. Be honest with yourself, sometimes it feels like it would be better to be like everyone else.

I don't dress to show off everything that God gave me, or didn't give me as my case is sometimes! And that means that I don't get the stares as I walk through the mall. I don't get the guys asking for my number all day. I rarely wear makeup because I think that my inner beauty (and my sleep!!!) is more important than caking on the mask. I think sometimes that people think I am a hippy cause I never straighten my hair or do my makeup... but really, I just don't care anymore. I am beautiful without having to do up myself.

See, I am a circle. And the world feels like a box sometimes.

As I stepped out of the shower, I asked God this question: "Do you have a place for me? I mean like, is there a plan in which I can fit in this life? Life is changing and I don't know where I fit..."

I looked on the floor and God answered my question with a bobby pin that I had knocked on the floor earlier.

You see, it wasn't a normal bobby pin. It was the kind that you use when you do pretty updo's. It was one that I got when I had my hair professionally done for prom...


It's a little oddly shaped, it doesn't work for every hair style...it won't work for your normal ponytail. It is special, it looks weird.

But it has a purpose. And it makes things beautiful... it helps to make hair more beautiful than normal.

But in a stack of bobby pins, it sticks out like a freak!


 
 
Bobby pins all look the same, and they all have the same purpose. You use them to do all the same things everyday. Nothing special about them. Normal, and all like the rest of them.
 
 
Do you get where I am going with this??
 
God made you an oddly shaped bobby pin. He made you unlike the rest for a reason. And that reason is to create something beautiful, out of the norm, beyond the everyday style. You make life more beautiful than normal. You will stick out, because you have a different purpose than everyone else who tries to bend themselves into a normal bobby pin.
 
So be encouraged, you won't look like anyone else. You will stick out. Just know that you have a purpose that is greater than looking like everyone else!!
 
 
#ProjectYouAreOutOfTheNormal

No comments:

Post a Comment