Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"Is My lover here?"

 

Lately, I have been so busy that in my rushing, I have missed Him entirely. I have grown apart from Him because I am always doing something for Him. I am trying to serve Him and prove that He has done a work in me, but He can no longer work in me cause I am no longer at His feet. I am no longer in love with Him. I have lost that luster and love that I had for Him. Why? Cause I let myself fight for everything else but Him and I.

In talking with my best friend Jenna, she reminded me of the story of Mary and Martha. It is a long and worn out story but it is a forgotten one as well.

Luke 10:38-42-

Now it happened as they went that He entered a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha welcomed Him into her house.  And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus’ feet and heard His word.  But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me.”

And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things.  But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.”
 
We worry about so many things. But what we really need to be worried about is taking time for sitting at Jesus’ feet and hearing His words to us. 

Martha wanted everything to be perfect for the Lord. He was in her house!! So everything had to be cleaned, the best meal prepared, perfection from every angle. She was rushing around, “fussing” about everything. She was so fed up because Mary was simply sitting at Jesus’ feet. Don’t you get frustrated when you are the only one doing something?

Well, Martha was forgetting that this was the man who made meals for 5,000 people out of 2 fish and 3 loaves of bread. If He wanted a gourmet meal, He could have made it appear. If He wanted her house all clean before He got there, He could have had the Cleaning Angels come and clean it up.

But, Jesus is not concerned with our mess. He is not asking for our perfection. He wants us to sit at His feet while He takes care of the meal and the cleaning house. His food, His words last a lifetime… One hour in His presence cleans more than a year of us trying to do it alone.

So where are the warriors? Where are the women who are going to say, “No, I am sorry. I need to spend time with my Lord before I serve anymore.” There will always be things to do, always be people who need help. But if you haven’t spent time at the feet of Jesus, you have no right to help anyone. You are the one who needs the help.

So are you going to stand up and fight for your love life with Jesus? Are you going to make Him a priority in your life?

Are His feet going to be more important to you than a broom and oven mitts?

Be a warrior. Spend time basking in His love and His wisdom and grace. I guarantee that once you start fighting for your relationship with Him, He will start fighting all your other battles for you. You will find that everything will have new purpose. Your laundry and dishes battle will have a little more joy behind it, your serving in the nursery will have a longer lasting impact that you realize.

Jesus wants you. Not your good works. He wants you fighting for that time at His feet so that He can finally win all your other battles for you.

#ProjectYouAreAtHisFeet




 

No comments:

Post a Comment