Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Extraordinary

You are a wonderful person. You are beautiful. You are secure in who you are in God. You are sexy. You are desirable. You are breathtaking.

Life. How often do we speak life into ourselves? Give ourselves a little pep talk.

The other day I caught myself mid-sentence speaking a terrible thing about myself.

I am sure that every girl has this issue but I like to say things when I am mad... Especially if you hurt my friends. I like to make up ways that I am going to injure them, or ways to get back at them. Stuff like let's go tp his house, or she is so rude, I hope she falls on her face today. Yeah...awful right? I am working on it I promise!! But after I say those nasty things I always follow it up with, "Just kidding, man I am a terrible person!!"

Which is a lie that I have said so much that I believe it after a while... I am a terrible person because I think those thoughts. Actually, those thoughts are what are terrible, not me. Yes, I should not say things like that but, they do not define me.

What do you say about yourself?

"You are so ugly. Wow, you really got fat. Why can't you stop being a failure? You are stupid. No one wants you. There is nothing good about you."

I want you to watch this video and see what these women see in themselves and how warped our reality is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpaOjMXyJGk

This was brought to my attention the other day by a wonderful friend of mine. I was crying in the car that night, having a total breakdown. I was crying because I felt like I would never amount to anything, felt like I would never find love, I have messed up so much that it must be something about me that is wrong. She reminded me of this video and told me that I saw myself as one thing when I was really a totally different thing. I was beautiful and that is what people saw in me. Not every imperfection and flaw.

I took this picture the other day while I was in the mountains...and I found that I was so critical of everything about it.







My nose looks huge.
I have a zit.
My hair looks like a little girl did it.
I have one eye that is bigger than the other.
I have a black dot on my face from something.
It looks like I am a drug addict cause of the bag under my eyes.
I look like I am 9 not 19.
My arm looks fat.








I want us to stop thinking like this. I want us to see ourselves as God sees us.

He looks down on us and tells us how beautiful we are everyday, every time that we look in the mirror, every little thing that we do, He thinks is wonderful.

God gave me two different size eyes, He gave me my nose. And He made me look younger than I am.

So next time that you catch yourself being critical, give yourself a pep talk instead. You are FAR more extraordinary than you give yourself credit for! So....

Go ahead, look in the mirror... Tell yourself wonderful, beautiful, true things...

Hey Maddy, you are gorgeous and mature and strong beyond your years. Taylor, you are confident and a great dancer, worthy of love and adoration. Andria, I think you look pretty hot today, you are always smiling and that smile just lights up some one's day. Dee, you are hilarious, everyone loves you, you have such a bright future.

Chiarra, you are captivating and noticed. You are beautiful.
 
You are what God says you are. Not what you think that you are. God thinks that you are extraordinary.
 
#ProjectYouAreExtraordinary
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment