Friday, June 7, 2013

Priceless Princess
































Having value beyond all price.

Inestimable worth.

Inability to calculate amount.



Am I worth something? What is my value? How much would someone do for me? How far would someone fight for me?
 
A few weeks ago I was asked the question if I loved someone. When I said I love a lot of people, the question was posed to me, "Would you be willing to suffer for someone? Would you die for them?"
 
Now this did not come from an American... This came from a Haitian. Not that really changes a lot of things, but it does put suffering in perspective... You see, our form of "suffering" is forgetting our phone at home or the electricity going out. If we skip one meal we are DYING!!! But that is the normal life for some people... So when a Haitian asks you, would you be willing to suffer for someone, that suffering is far more than what we think.
 
And I have to say that there are a few people I would suffer for, and even fewer that I would die for.
 
"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends." John 15:13
 
Just being honest here, I really must not truly love everyone. I like life. I like living. I don't like being uncomfortable, or in pain, or suffering, and I especially don't like dying.
 
Thankfully there is someone who died for me.
Thankfully there is someone who thought I had enough worth to lay His life down for me.
 
I don't think that I have enough worth for that. I don't think I am worthy of that. And quite honestly, the thought of Christ suffering, bleeding, dying, for me makes me want to throw up. I know who I am and what I have done. I am no where near worth that much.
 
But to Jesus, the King of everything, the Maker of the universe, the God who owns everything and doesn't even need me to exist, I have worth beyond compare. I am priceless. He didn't put a limit on His love for me. He just died. Laid down His life and His worth for me...
 
He calls you princess. And He calls you priceless.
 
And He gave up everything, the entire world for you. Even when He knew how much you would mess up, how much you were going to fall away from Him.
 
God looked at what you think is unworthy and called it priceless.
 
 
 
#ProjectYouArePriceless
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment